Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11/11/09

So, 11/10/09 looks like a really negative post. I like to be positive, but sometimes there are those days where you just need to say things as they are. I was thanking God last night for bringing me through that day. And it wasn't so awful really. Just a tough day. Other people go through so much more than I do. I've been through so many worse things than yesterday. I believe God had planned each and every millisecond. He cares so much more about the state of my heart and my growth in Him than whether or not I'm enjoying my life. I have an opportunity every moment to "enjoy" my life. It is selfish to think that I should be happy all the time. No; but I am commanded to REJOICE at all times. Joy and happiness are so very very different. Not that God doesn't want me to be happy, but I am a spoiled brat when I just want my happiness at all costs.

Ok, and very random side note: how come words sometimes look so wrong spelled a certain way? I'm here typing and I spelled "awful" as "aweful" but the little red line kept coming under, so I googled the spelling and sure enough it's "awful" and that looked like a foreign word to me! Aaack! Now it looks correct though, and I found out that "aweful" is an Old English spelling of the term.

God took me to Isaiah 43 today, and it was glorious to read.
"But now, this is what the LORD says--He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior" (v. 1-3a).

The rest of the chapter is so amazing. I love this passage, and would write it all, but I need to get back to typing my paper. This passage fed the fire in my heart as I see the Holiness, Glory, Grace, Love, and Power of God. He yearns for us, and this fact blows me away. All praise and glory is given to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment